Easy to do with kids.
Ingredients for 6 cuddura:
500 g flour, 200 g sugar, 200 g butter, half a bag of baking powder, 1 bag of vanilla sugar, 1 pinch of salt, 4 eggs.
For the icing: 6 tablespoons powdered sugar, grated zest of 1 organic lemon, very little natural yellow dye (maybe a bit of turmeric), coloured sprinkles.
8 hard-boiled eggs.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and vanilla sugar. Then add the butter cut into small pieces and mix until mixture is crumbly. Make a crater in the centre and add the eggs. First mix with a wooden spoon and then work with your hands until you have a firm dough that does not stick. Put it in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing. Mix the icing sugar with a few drops of water until you obtain a cream. Add very little yellow dye and the grated lemon peel.
- Now divide the dough into two parts, one larger than the other.With the largest part form a ball and lightly press the centre to create a nest for the boiled egg.With the smaller part form two snakes.
- Now put the egg in the nest and form a cross with the two snakes.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes. Careful! Remember to put only 3 cuddura (maximum 4) in each baking tray, because otherwise they will stick together.
- Once baked spread with the lemon frosting and decorate with sprinkles immediately, before the icing dries.